Wednesday 16 January 2013

Final transition Challenge

Wake up Drake. You are being released to your final challenge.

Oh isn't that just great. I've been so looking forward to that.  

You are getting much better at your sarcasm.

Thanks. Your approval is all I ever needed in life.

Nevermind it's just as horrible as always.

Oh shut up.

I will not be able to accompany you on this next challenge.

What? Why?

It is for you alone.

Well if it means not having to put up with your comments that's fine with me.

This door will send you to your next challenge.

Sure.

Begin

Ok... Frozen wasteland. Very cold... That's... That's not normal actually. Genome pointed out it's always been the same temperature here even in the desert. O.K. so challenge has to do with the cold... Do I have to survive?

2 minutes

If so there's probably some sort of time limit in play.

4 minutes

How long does a human normally take to freeze to death? The time limit will probably be longer than whatever that is. First step build a fire?

12 minutes

Building a fire is difficult.

24 minutes

Ok still haven't gotten a fire lit and my toes and fingers are getting numb. I need to think of something fast.

33 minutes

Ok... Still no fire... My fingers are still numb and turning blue and I feel tired. I think I might be hallucinating too... I keep hearing snatches of singing on the wind.

48 minutes

The wind is picking up and whipping snow at my face. It stings. My fingers are turning black and I can't move them. I'm scared to try and make a fire now. I'm worried if I try and touch anything my fingers will snap off. Hallucinations getting worse. Keep seeing young frozen boy. Think it might be me. Like me when I freeze... I don't want to freeze... So cold...

56 minutes

The boy isn't me. I'm freezing. Slumped here in the snow. He's watching me. I remember hearing about him. Genome mentioned him once... He was telling me about all the horrible things out there. Loneliness... Genome... So cold... Genome... I'm sorry. I miss you. You're an ass but thinking about it I understand. You seem unsympathetic and you aren't. You can't be. I keep thinking you're basically just a human brain in a machine but you're not. You said it yourself you only remember bits and pieces of your human life. It makes sense then that you'd have trouble understanding my pain... I wish you were here. I don't want to die alone.

1 hour 1 minute

That's all I needed to hear.

1 hour 5 minutes

I feel warmer now... I don't see the boy.

Hello Drake.

Genome! I'm sorry. 

I'm sorry too. It's hard to keep in mind how vulnerable and pathetic you humans are. I'll try to be more sympathetic to your weaknesses. Assuming you will allow me to continue accompanying you.

I'm going to assume that you were actually being entirely sincere and the insults were unintentional and say sure. We'll reach the end together alright?

Thank you. Hey... Do you mind if I don't stop being a dick though? Teasing you is fun.

... Yeah sure whatever.

Challenge... Completed. Though not in the way intended. Regardless you have completed your transition challenges. You will be returned to your normal challenges shortly.

Alright. Time to get you human again buddy.

Yes... Although I must ask... What will you want when we win?

I don't know... I mostly just don't want to be here anymore. I want everything back to normal.

... You do realize even before the challenges and the tournament you were being stalked by Slenderman, right?

Yeah... I suppose that's what I'd want for him to leave me alone.

I hope they can grant you that.

A girlfriend would be nice too...

Don't get greedy.

I was kidding...    

No comments:

Post a Comment