Monday 14 January 2013

Release and Transition Challenge # 5

It's really boring in there. Even more so without someone to talk too...

Yes yes we all know you miss Genome. Either admit it or shut up about how lonely you are.

Besides you will have plenty of time to complain about isolation in the final transition challenge.

This is the final transition challenge?

No of course not. You still have two more.

Oh...

Now then for this challenge we thought we would borrow a book from the other popular challenges.

What do you mean?

Well Saylo Xdranyl and Gordon have both been having challenges entirely related to card games. Yu-Gi-Oh in particular.

So what you're going to make me fight someone in a card game?

Yes.

I don't have any cards...

Don't worry a deck has been provided for you.

Wha? Oh yes I see. How did I not notice the deck of cards right in front of me... It's almost like it just appeared there.

Your sarcasm makes little sense in this context without the readers actually seeing what happened.

Don't care.

Wait these aren't Yu-Gi-Oh cards... They're Magic: the Gathering cards?

Of course. Only losers play Yu-Gi-Oh... It's a children's card game.

Right... So who's my opponent?

Me.

... Um how so?

Well I will temporarily be given a human form in order to combat you.

Oh um ok...

I will however still be in your mask as well to narrate the fight.

Wait won't that mean you can see my cards though?

Don't be such a whiner I won't cheat.

...

Begin.

It would appear I have been given the form of a young woman of roughly the same age as Drake. Strange I had expected to be in the form of... This is unimportant. As you are the one being challenged I shall allow you to go first.

Cool thanks... So um... How do I play?

What?

I've never actually played this game before... A friend of mine used to like it but I never really understood it. 

... Well ok draw seven cards.

Alright I've drawn Amalgam Herald, Two decayed grounds, Ariadne, Reirr, Chillis and

Idiot don't tell me your cards!

Sorry...

Now then each turn you should put down a land if you have one.

What's a land?

... For your deck the Decayed Grounds are your land. Your deck is special and uses what is called Universe Mana instead of the normal Mana associated with the game.

Right okay... What's Mana?

... Fuck it.

The cards have vanished replaced with a deck of playing cards.

We're going to play Go fish instead. You know how to play that at least right?

Of course.

Good. We have each been dealt 7 cards.

Do you have any tens?

... 3 tens... This deck was not properly shuffled.

Didn't you shuffle it?

This challenge is over you've succeeded go away.

Oh cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment